Reports and Publications
We have experience writing and producing presentations for a variety of audiences. We will work with you to disseminate findings/results in the format that best serves your needs. The following reports and publications may be useful to your organization as examples of our writing and of our content area expertise. If you would like one of our publications but do not find it here, please contact us with your request.
- Krieger J, Allen C, Cheadle A, Ciske SJ, Higgins DL, Schier JK, Senturia KD, Sullivan M (2002). Using Community-Based Participatory Research to Address Social Determinants of Health: Lessons Learned from Seattle Partners for Healthy Communities. Health Ed. & Behavior, 29(3): 361-382. http://heb.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/29/3/361
- Krieger JW, Rabkin J, Sharify D, Song L (2009). High Point Walking for Health: Social Environments That Support Walking in a Public Housing Community. American Journal of Public Health, 99 (S3). http://ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/reprint/99/S3/S593
- Rabkin, J, Balassone, M, Bell, M. (1995). The role of social workers in providing comprehensive health care to pregnant women. Social Work in Health Care, 20 (3). http://www.informaworld.com/10.1300/J010v20n03_06
- Senturia KD (1996). "Maternal and Child Health in Albania." Social Science and Medicine 43(7): 1097-1107. linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/0277953696000299
- Senturia KD, Sullivan M, Ciske S, Shiu-Thornton S (2000). "Cultural Issues Affecting Domestic Violence Service Utilization in Ethnic and Hard to Reach Populations." Report produced by Public Health-Seattle & King County 2000. http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/data/injury.aspx
- Shiu-Thornton S, Balabis J, Senturia K, Tamayo A (2007). Disaster Preparedness for Limited English Proficient Communities: Medical interpreters as cultural brokers and gatekeepers. Public Health Reports 2007. 122(4): 466-471. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17639649
- Sullivan M, Kone A, Senturia K, Chrisman N, Ciske S, Krieger J (2001). "Researcher and Researched Community Perspectives: Toward bridging the gap." Health Education and Behavior 2001; 28(2): 130-149. http://heb.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/28/2/130
- Numerous articles on the "Domestic Violence in Nine Cultural Communities" project were published in a special issue of the Journal of Interpersonal Violence. That issue can be found at: http://jiv.sagepub.com/content/vol20/issue8/.